We don’t mean to “alarm” you, but the cost of not having a construction site security system could be devastating. Don’t believe us? Between $300 million and $1 billion is stolen annually on construction sites in the United States. You already know the value of equipment, tools, and raw materials such as copper or lumber sitting around waiting to catch someone’s attention. Hiring a security guard sounds like the best solution, right?
Wrong. Here’s why:
Times Are Tough, And Security Guards Are Expensive
The mean annual wage for security guards in the United States is $33,030, which translates to $15.88 per hour – sounds pretty affordable, right? Nationwide, the average hourly rate for a security guard is $15-$25 per hour but could run between $30-$100+ per hour for more experienced or armed guards. The kind of guard you’ll need depends on your project, site layout, and equipment left on site while workers are away.
The average cost breakdown is as follows:
- Basic unarmed guard: $15-$20 per hour
- Basic armed guard: $20-$25 per hour
- Unarmed guard with advanced skills and experience: $30-$35 per hour
- Armed guard with advanced skills and experience: $35-$45 per hour
- Most experienced armed guard (off-duty police officers, ex-military, etc.): $60-$100 per hour or more
At the very least, you’ll want to avoid hiring basic guards lacking advanced skills and training. Suppose you’re overseeing a largescale project with higher-value equipment and materials. In that case, you’ll likely require armed guard services, meaning you and the security guards will need to account for higher-risk circumstances. Since there is a risk of injury or death if discharging a firearm, you will also need to pay for liability insurance if hiring armed or specially trained guards. One of the best ways to avoid these scenarios is to hire more experienced guards with advanced skills and training in deterring, de-escalating, and stopping criminal encounters.
Security Guards Can’t Be In Multiple Places At Once
Unfortunately, annual construction site losses include those who opt for security guards to patrol their sites. While the patrolling security guards may deter some types of criminals, one has to consider that the security guard must first encounter the intruder. This is exponentially challenging when patrolling a large site or facility where the chances for such encounters are slim. If the criminal activity is a group effort with targets throughout the site, the security guard cannot stop crime in multiple places at once.
The Truth: You Don’t Need Security Guards
Here’s the deal: No matter what kind of construction project you oversee, you need unbeatable security that stops crime before it ever happens, and you don’t need to shell out enormous amounts of money to have it. The convenience of having trained, remote professionals monitoring your site not only meets your security needs but surpasses the effectiveness of security guards. Eyeforce Remote Guarding stops crime before it happens with virtual guards that provide complete coverage 24/7/365 with live video surveillance, immediate live audio intervention within seconds, and, if necessary, priority law enforcement dispatch.
Eyeforce Remote Guarding Gives You What A Security Guard Cannot:
- Cutting Edge Tech: High-resolution IP and thermal camera technology and AI-powered software with wired and wireless connectivity meet unique site needs.
- Expert Monitoring: Security operators monitor for, and review alarm triggers 24/7/365 within 15 seconds from our state-of-the-art monitoring center that processes 9+ million events annually.
- Live audio call-down deterrents can be implemented in under 45 seconds to scare intruders away.
- Streamlined Dispatch: Our specialists deploy video footage to request priority police dispatch in seconds.
- Total Control: Monitor alarm events in-progress from the Eyeforce Mobile app and check on employees and multiple locations at any time from anywhere.
Stopping crime isn’t just what we do: It’s what we believe in!
Visit: eyeforce.com/contact-us or call 888-393-3672 today to speak with an expert about Live Remote Guarding at your Construction Site.