In late March of this year, President Joe Biden released the details for a massive infrastructure plan focusing on rebuilding a broad range of aging and overburdened infrastructure and modernizing facilities.
Regarding construction, the $2 trillion proposal includes:
- $115 billion to repair and rebuild bridges, highways, and roads
- $100 billion to upgrade and build new schools
While rebuilding and modernizing our infrastructure systems means increased job opportunities within the construction industry, it also means an increased number of construction projects and sites nationwide if the plan is eventually approved.
More Projects Equals More Theft
According to a National Insurance Crime Bureau and National Equipment Register report, theft costs the construction industry between $300 million and $1 billion per year due to stolen equipment, tools, and raw materials such as copper or lumber. A report from the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) estimated that the industry loses at least $500 million a year to vandalism and theft together. Now imagine how much more could be lost if this plan is carried out. An increased number of projects means an increased number of opportunities for thieves to make a profit. Historically, the industry has relied on barbed wire-fenced perimeters, night security guards, and guard dogs to discourage unauthorized access to job sites. However, construction site security guards are expensive and not nearly as effective as alternative security solutions available today.
You Need Unbeatable Security
No matter the project, construction sites, and supply yards will need unbeatable security now that the number of projects will be on the rise. For this plan to work, security will need to stop crime before it ever happens, and company owners and site managers don’t need to shell out enormous amounts of money to have it.
The convenience of having trained, remote professionals monitoring your site not only meets your security needs but surpasses the effectiveness of security guards. Eyeforce Remote Guarding stops crime before it happens with virtual guards that provide complete coverage 24/7/365 with live video surveillance, immediate live audio intervention within seconds, and, if necessary, priority law enforcement dispatch.
Eyeforce Remote Guarding Gives You What A Security Guard Cannot:
- Cutting Edge Tech: High-resolution IP and thermal camera technology and AI-powered software with wired and wireless connectivity meet unique site needs.
- Expert Monitoring: Security operators monitor for and review alarm triggers 24/7/365 within 15 seconds from our state-of-the-art monitoring center that processes 9+ million events annually.
- Live audio call-down deterrents can be implemented in under 45 seconds to scare intruders away.
- Streamlined Dispatch: Our specialists deploy video footage to request priority police dispatch in seconds.
- Total Control: Monitor alarm events in progress from the Eyeforce Mobile app and check on employees and multiple locations at any time from anywhere.